Are you struggling with debt and thinking about filing bankruptcy? Are you thinking that you can handle it without hiring a bankruptcy lawyer? Please, let us tell you why you should definitely rethink going in alone.
- It’s cheaper in the long run. Many falsely believe that hiring an attorney will make the bankruptcy more costly in the end, but the truth is usually just the opposite. Individuals who file bankruptcy with the help of a lawyer actually tend to save money in the bigger picture since a bankruptcy attorney can usually help you to get more debts discharged.
- The meeting of the creditors. The meeting of the creditors is when you face representatives of the people you owe. They will have lawyers with them, and you will want to have back-up of your own.
- There are innumerable amounts of legal forms.Paperwork is dull and if it’s filled out incorrectly or if you fail to include the right documents, it can have disastrous consequences for your case. Unless you want to spend much of your time analyzing legal jargon, hire a lawyer who can take care of it for you.
- Bankruptcy is complicated. Similar to the previous topic, bankruptcy law is very complicated and requires years of experience before you can fully understand the minutia involved. Bankruptcy lawyers have put in the years so they understand how the laws work, and how the laws apply to you.
- You may have other options. Bankruptcy lawyers are not one-trick ponies: they can help you find other opportunities for debt relief if bankruptcy is not your best option. Routes that you may be unaware of or thought you weren’t qualified for could be your best bet, and a lawyer will help you take advantage of them.
Please consider the above points before rushing to file bankruptcy without representation. Call for a free consultation for further information about what to expect and how a bankruptcy lawyer can be invaluable to you during this part of your life.
Law Firm of Kevin D. Judd – Your Gateway to Financial Freedom