What is Bankruptcy? How Can It Help Me?
Information about Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
There are many circumstances that can cause hard-working, honest individuals to get in over their heads financially. Losing your job, medical bills or an unexpected event can make your finances unmanageable. At the Law Firm of Kevin D. Judd, our bankruptcy lawyer will work with you to eliminate or consolidate your debt, stop foreclosure and then restore your financial freedom. Below we outline topics that will provide you with more information about bankruptcy.
More Bankruptcy Information
- Bankruptcy Information: Information and facts about commonly used bankruptcy phrases and what your options are.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as debt liquidation, and it eliminates all dischargeable debt. Creditors cannot pursue wage garnishment, harass you with phone calls or take any other action against you such as threatening repossession. It eliminates debt and, thus, you do not have to repay it. There are, however, non-dischargeable debts that do need to be paid such as student loans and child support payments.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy essentially means setting up a payment plan based on your projected future earnings to repay your creditors within three to five years. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is for individuals who have a regular income but fell behind in payments and/or are about to lose their house or car.
- Home Foreclosures: Get foreclosure help as well as tips on how to avoid foreclosure or stop foreclosure with bankruptcy.
- Managing Consumer Debt: Find out what you can do to manage your debt and also how to avoid “credit repair” services.
- Bankruptcy Means Test: What is the bankruptcy means test and why do you need to use it?
- Solutions for Student Loan Debt: How can bankruptcy help you with your student loans?
- Frequently Asked Questions: Get answers to frequently asked questions about bankruptcy laws and types of bankruptcy.
If you need knowledgeable Maryland or Washington DC legal assistance to consolidate, eliminate or reorganize your debt, call the Law Firm of Kevin D. Judd at (202) 483-6070. We offer a free initial phone consultation. We give clients personalized legal services and hope for their financial future.